Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Talking Technology-podcast

This was an interesting experience. Because I work in a detention facility, interviewing students was out of the question, so I interviewed my own children. My kids are on a computer at some point every evening, often for several hours each evening. In spite of that, Nicole and Stuart really didn't talk much about what they do while on the computer. In particular, my son has used Youtube to help him learn guitar riffs from some of his favorite bands as well as how to make certain dishes, such as tamago (japanese sweet omlet served at sushi bars).
Melissa threw me for a loop when she started talking about her experiences in 7th grade class. She hadn't mentioned it when I did a pre-interview just before we started recording. I was her 7th grade technology teacher.
As you listen to the podcast, you will notice that the audio levels change a bit. This was due to issues with the microphone and mixing board I used. I tried fixing this in post-production, but time constraints made it difficult.
Enjoy:



No comments: